Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pérsérverence, Performance, Esprit Sportif

These three words clearly describe the type of athletic that Kelly-Anne was. These three words are inscribed on the trophy which was presented today to four athletics who show the example of these words.

The Quebec Lifesaving Society hosted at Parc Jean Drapeau a three day National competition. Today I went to the competition and spoke to the athletics and their parents. My goal was to tell them a little about Kelly-Anne since there are now 95% of the younger athletics who never knew Kelly-Anne. I wanted them to know about Kelly-Anne and what she accomplished as a competitive lifeguard and that the foundation which we put in place when Kelly-Anne died is for them.

I promised myself that I would not cry today, but of course that wasn't the case. Kelly-Anne's dear friends make it easy for me to get emotional as there they are so beautiful, so happy and so alive. I love her friends which she made from this sport. It is when they get emotional and the tears start flowing, that it tears me apart. It's days like today that I start asking again "why". Why did this have to happen, why couldn't she of had a nice boyfriend from her lifesaving community friends? Why did she have to die?

Her dear friends from the lifesaving community continue to keep Kelly-Anne's name and spirit alive.

Please join us on Friday, November 28th 2008 ( Kelly-Anne's birthday) as we host the Kelly-Anne Drummond Foundation Cocktail in Dollard des Ormeaux.

No comments: