Friday, January 2, 2009

Feeling like a Dolphin

This week I had the opportunity to swim at the Dollard des Ormeaux Aquatic centre. The city of Dollard graciously in 2005 dedicated a conference room in Kelly-Anne's name as she had been employed by the centre. Kelly-Anne's university grad photo sits on a plaque commemorating the room and can be seen by all who are in the pool.

I swam Monday and went back today. Monday's swim was great, but today was unbelievable. When I returned home, Kim asked me how the swim was. Without going into an emotional dialogue I answered her saying it was awesome.

Nobody knows who I am when I am at the pool. Nobody knows that it is my daughter who watches over me from the conference room as I swim. Today I swam about 36 laps and felt such an inner peace. My timing, strokes and breathing was all perfect. It seemed like Kelly-Anne was watching over me and coaching me all at the same time. At one point I swam across the pool and was in the centre of the pool surrounded only by the vastness of the water but I did not feel alone. I felt so at peace and felt like a dolphin enjoying the water.

Today was another turning point for me....another step in finding my inner peace...of acceptance...I don't know...you tell me.

It's back to work on Monday. I will have to find a way to get back to the pool hopefully on the weekends if there is lap swim.

I also went to the gym this week and will go there tomorrow morning. I go to the gym because it is important for someone my age to exercise and keep the muscles and heart happy, but it's so boring!

The pool beats it all by a long shot !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not a swimmer, but this post made me feel buoyant. I'm impressed by the number of laps, too.

'Anon'