Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Life, Renewal and Family

It has been a busy winter, with endless projects and transitions. I am forever grateful that the snow has finally disappeared and that the winter boots are cleaned and put away. Easter is upon us, a time for renewal, a time for new life and new beginnings.

Easter will be quiet this year with Kim living out west. However, she texted me several times today as she prepared to create her Easter feast. What is cream of tartar? What is lemon curd? Eventhough we are not together for Easter, I still feel that I am apart of her dinner preparations as I coach her on the how to's. We spoke today on my drive home from work about the technical aspects of preparing lemon curd.

Kelly-Anne is always is on my mind. Somehow,I feel she keeps us all on an even keel. My husband soon will begin a new transition in his career. I have never seen someone so cool, calm and collective about moving forward. He inspires me with his confidence. He continues to support me in my career goals.

Another person in my life is my boss of almost nine months. What a joy and pleasure it is to work with him. He allows me to be me and make the decisions that I need to to in order to keep the place afloat. This man is kind, compassionate towards others and a great teacher. He tells me that I have a soft heart, but in reality he has the softer one. He just won't admit it! Most mornings I feel like a kid again. With my lunch packed, I skip out of the house, hop on the bus with the excitement and anticipation of the day ahead. It's such a good feeling. On days like that, my thoughts bring me back to Kelly-Anne. She,as a young girl skipping her way to school in the morning with that smile and her bouncy curls waving in the breeze. The image of her never leaves me. This job is my renewal and my new life. Seeing expectant mothers with smiles on their faces delights me in ways one cannot imagine.

My,have things ever changed since my days of work accidents,unions and steel capped shoes.....full circle I would say. I told someone recently,that I would never go back to my old career. It seems like another life, another time and another me.

Wishing you all a Blessed Easter!

No comments: