Tuesday, June 19, 2018

It's Been a While

They say as one gets older, time flies by faster. I can remember as child growing up in Rosemount, the excitement and anticipation of the school year ending. Summer vacations included  usually a car trip to Maine or travelling to another part of Canada. Summer days and nights seemed endless. Friends, the pool, pick up soft ball games in the park, tennis, biking and hop scotch...we were busy kids. Those days seemed to go on forever.

Today, I realize that I haven't blogged since late November. I guess my life seems to have been consumed with other activities and new beginnings. However throughout all this Kelly-Anne has been still very present in my life.

We welcomed in early March Samuel to our family. He came into this world giving us a scare which of course  turned all of his family into a tail spin. With prayer, great doctors and the determination of such a tiny life supported by his wonderful parents and sister, Samuel is now thriving. His smiles and laughter brings more love and joy to everyone around him. Gosh we are blessed!

My contract with the church ended in November. I was happy to be home to  prepare for the Christmas  festivities. Then, in the new year, my career took on an unexpected turn....I guess life's path is not something we are in charge of. I am now working from home as a  Independant Consultant. It's empowering to be my own boss. I have had my career and with everything that  I  have learnt in the workplace, or as a volunteer or just though life experiences has now brought me to this point in my life.

I have found an amazing new church....warm, down to earth people with a  great  rector. I spent time this past  winter and spring taking courses at the church. All this to say, I feel so at peace with life.

I notice a couple of weeks ago, a red Cardinal, came to my patio door. Funny he seemed to be the same fellow that  came here last year. I had wondered if Kelly-Anne sent him to bring me a  message.
All to say, he did  bring a smile to my face when he started to sing!

This weekend we will remember my mom.She passed 25 years ago. I remember that day as if it were yesterday. She adored Kelly-Anne  and Kim and I know she has been re united with Kelly-Anne.

Next month Jules and I are taking a trip down south. A week of recharging our batteries, no  computers, no telephones, no emails...just like the good old days.

This summer I wish  all of you rest,relaxation, and peace.




No comments: