Wednesday, October 3, 2018

What Would Kelly-Anne Say....

What would Kelly-Anne say today if she were here? A poignant question asked  by a Commissioner of the parole board to Martin Morin-Cousineau this past September 4th. I did not attend the parole hearing as a  protest that I would not allow myself to be apart of his circus. I decided I could put my energy into better use.

I am told that Cousineau replied by saying that he had hoped Kelly-Anne would say good things. Good things about him? I really can't answer that but what I feel Kelly-Anne would of responded was  "Marty, I forgive you but that doesn't dismiss what you did to me."

Today, 14 years years after her horrific passing, I continue to mourn her  death and what could of been....the loving daughter, sister, aunt and friend. Today it is not about her killer, but about Kelly-Anne, the rugby player who would be tackling someone on the rugby field, then realizing that her opponent is lying on the ground, winded. Kell would  run to that person and ask " Are you ok?"
It was never about I am stronger or better than you...it was about her sportswomanship and her respect for others.

I remember this young women who loved life and all it had to offer. How could her life have ended so abruptly, selfishly and senselessly? Unfortunately, domestic violence still exists today in so many homes.  " Domestic violence is so loud to those that suffer silently within four walls."

October is Domestic Violence Awareness month. Do you suspect someone is silently suffering? How about taking that person for a coffee and having a talk? Not easy, but possible.

Need help, contact Women Aware at     https://www.womenaware.ca/

Kelly-Anne, rest in peace my precious daughter. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔