Saturday, December 19, 2009

December 6th 2009

This past December 6th brought us back 20 years ago when the 14 young women from Ecole Polytechniec in Montreal were murdered. I had the opportunity to do a radio interview on CBC and was asked about Kelly-Anne and how I was feeling now that 20 years have gone by.

I responded that what really hit home for me was the fact that within these past years, these 14 young women would have most probably been busy in their careers , had children and would of been in the prime of their lives.

How will I feel when we mark the 20th anniversary for Kelly-Anne, I ask myself. Most probably the same way. We will never know what she would of become and what contributions she would of made to society, how many children she would of had and how she would of cared for her familyand touched the lives of others around her. It is still really hard to believe that she is gone. I tell myself that Kelly-Anne is away on a trip surfing the oceans. Though I do not see her, I am able to feel her. Kelly-Anne is so nearby in spirit. So many things have happened in the past five years that I am 100 % sure she had her hand on certain events.

I do not know how the families of the 14 young women have managed to get thorough the last 20 years, but I thoughts are with them. We are the chosen few. We have our our clique and have a cross to bear each day of our lives. Are we stronger than other people...I don't know, but the event of polytechnic and that of Kelly-Anne's murder had made us all stronger and wiser.

No comments: