Saturday, October 5, 2013

Today

I awoke in the early hours of the morning and saw an email from a  close friend. She wrote that she was  thinking of Kelly-Anne and wished her eternal memory. She  then mentioned as if she was writing to Kelly-Anne how her family have kept her memory alive and that she will never be  forgotten. I fell back to  sleep and  felt cradled under my comforter, that my daughter was near by.

I spoke with another close friend yesterday who reminded me of all the good things that have happened to me in the past  nine years. The biggest highlight is the new birth of our granddaughter. She has and will continue to bring joy and happiness to our lives.

Today I decided that I wanted a normal day....a quiet one of reflection, of joy and remembrance. Yes  remembering Kelly-Anne as the faithful, loving daughter, but also remembering those who still suffer from domestic violence. I know that there are still women out  there who are living in fear, who know that they should not be in the relationship that they are presently in, but feel that they have no other recourse. I ask that if you know someone  who is in this situation, please reach  out....you may be saving a life.

 I am also thinking of  the upcoming baptism. Last minute preparations are on the way. That will keep me busy today. I am also sadden that certain family members will not be there. Next week we will also remember family members living in Heaven with Kelly-Anne who are very missed at this time.

Our granddaughter will learn one day about Kelly-Anne and her legacy. I know this baby will make a change in the world. 

Each time I  look at a picture of her, I am reminded of Kelly-Anne. I am reminded that  there is hope for the future and that the only thing I can do is continue to forge forward and live. It is the least I can do to honor my daughter, Kelly-Anne. Memory eternal!



No comments: