Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas

 The short breads are  finally baked and sitting untouched in a tin. The meat pies will be  created tomorrow. Jules and decided that this year we could keep the festivities on the quiet side and just enjoy the time together. Somehow, plans have a way of changing and we have ended up accepting  invitations from friends to join in their festivities. And that is okay...I'll just share some of my goodies with them. We can't show up empty handed.

Jules though it fitting to play some Christmas music this  morning while I baked. The song I'll be Home for Christmas just seemed to hit a nerve and I found myself thinking about Kelly-Anne again not being here with  us. My thoughts also led me to  the many who have lost their life recently to homicide in particular the three darling children who's mother has been accused of  killing them in Drummondville. I have such a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that a mother took the lives of her own beloved children. My thoughts are also with  the  children of Guy Turcotte  who he killed. He is a free man this Christmas and I  just can't get over that fact. All this to say that our Canadian justice system needs alot of revamping.

Christmas is the time  for  family. It is not about  what is wrapped under the tree, but more about why we celebrate  Christmas. We are looking forward to going to church on Christmas Eve and rejoicing in the birth of The Saviour.

Our family is looking forward to the birth of our grandchild. Next Christmas will be different as the baby will consume our  holiday season with love and joy.

Whatever your beliefs are, I wish you a very  Merry Christmas and all the best for a Happy, Healthy and Loving New Year. Peace,  joy, acceptance and understand of  others is something our society needs to work on.  My hope for the year to come is that we can all respect one another and the value of each other's life.

No comments: