Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Page Project

The pages of our life tell the story of how we would like to be remembered. After much soul searching, I finally came  up with an idea of what I  could do for my new granddaughter. I wanted her to have something that would last forever, something that she could use and  bring to life which would  fill her with  fond memories and allow her to continue our legacy even after I leave this  world.

Because I have a love of cooking, I decided to create a  scrapbook of recipes  old and new. Recipes that  go back to when Kelly-Anne and Kim were little girls. I have divided the book into many sections and have  joyfully created interesting projects  with colorful pictures such as a little girl's tea party that she could do at some point. There is a section on our Lebanese heritage including Kim's favorite Lebanese  dish...kibbe balls ! There is also a roast beef recipe that Kell loved. She could  cook up a storm. Kim, since being away has  become very creative in her cooking style. She has sent me many pictures of her beautiful platters, especially her appetizers.

Cooking with children has to one of the most fun things to do. I know that Kim will take the time with her daughter  to teach her the many techniques that she  has.  Creating this book has brought my emotions to the surface. Looking back at some of my hand written recipes which are included in the the  book, remind me of the style of cooking and fun recipes that the  girls looked forward  to. One thing for sure, I never had a problem getting the girls to try something different....they may of not particularly enjoyed  the meal, but at least they gave it a shot. I hope my granddaughter grows  up with an apprecitation and a curiosity for food.  

The book is not yet completed. I don't think baby will be needed it any time soon.......the Page Project is a work in progress with an abundance of love poured into it.



No comments: