Thursday, March 27, 2008


There is so much to write about when when it comes to telling the story of Kelly-Anne's life. I really do not know where to start, so there will be a few, if not many postings about her.

I guess the best thing to do is start right from the beginning of her life.......November 28th 1979. On a cool November day at 12:01 p.m. Kelly-Anne was born into this world....just in time for lunch! They say that babies can't see when they are first born....I think Kelly-Anne could see. She, with her big blue eyes were looking up at me as I cradled her in my arms. She gave me the impression that that she was ready to take on the world ..... and as I watched her grow up, she certainly did just that.

As a toddler, Kelly-Anne always had a smile on her face. She loved her father and I, her grandparents, her baby sister Kim who was born exactly 11months to the day after Kelly-Anne and her stuffed animals ! Kelly-Anne was the type of baby that when she would wake up in the morning, she would sit in her crib and talk to her stuff animals and to the animals on her wall paper and patiently wait for myself or her father to come into the room to get her for breakfast. She would be so happy to see us. I would say to her "Kelly-Anne which one of your babies do you want to have breakfast with you?" She would grab one of them..usually her plush Sylvester and drag him to the kitchen where she would joyfully try to share her pablum with. What a mess!

Kelly-Anne took her first steps at 11months old. My mom and dad kept her at their home while I was in the hospital giving birth to Kim. Pictures were taken by my mom to prove to me that Kelly-Anne would eat vegetable soup. She had taken a picture of Kelly-Anne sitting in her high chair with my father spoon feeding her the soup. She would never eat vegetable soup with me!

Kelly-Anne loved Kimmy so much...she was the big sister always looking out for Kim. If the other kids wanted to bully Kim, Kelly-Anne always stepped in to protect her.

Birthday parties when Kelly-Anne and Kim were little was always a big deal. Some years the parties were at home, other years at McDonalds or at Chi Chi's. We would always have the parties together some where between both of the girls birthdays.

I can remember Kelly-Anne 's first day at school- kindergarten. She wore a beige blouse with a Peter Pan collar, with a blue kilt skirt and navy blue knee socks and navy shoes. Her hair was short and very curly. She carried a school bag with a Scottish terrier on it. I will never forget that day. I was putting her on the school bus for the very first time. I remember pinning a name tag on her with her name and telephone number, just in case she somehow got lost. I remember the lump in my throat, trying to keep back the tears. That day was like her first day of independence, she was on her own. Kelly-Anne was so proud to get on that bus and go off to school.

Kelly-Anne loved school. She was like a sponge, she loved learning new things, always curious and asking questions. Her grade one teacher summed it up at a parent-teacher night. She said that whatever Kelly-Anne touches, she will do well. Her teacher was that is how Kelly-Anne was throughout her life.


Anonymous said...

Well done super-lady,

John A

Bill Widman said...

I was very disappointed after Debbie's departure from us that all anyone wanted to talk about was how she died, not how she lived.
To me it is as important, if not more so, to celebrate a person's life as to mourn her death.
I appreciate how you start this off.