Sunday, March 23, 2008

Retiring......I don't think so

Some people ask me what I will do when I retire....Retire what's that? For me, it means a new career. Freedom 55, yes to choose a new career..... let's see now...work from home, four days a week, be my own boss. Now that sounds like the ideal situation.

Winters in Quebec, just think I would be able to roll over in bed at 5:00 a.m. under the warmth of my comforter on a cold stormy morning and not have to think about getting up and out to be at the office for 7:00 a.m.

It's less than two years away...shall I just fantasize about it or make it my reality....I have a decision to make.

My new career....public speaking......my life path has brought me to this point. I can't hide under my comforter and deny what happened to Kelly-Anne and the many other women who have lived in silence and have suffered the abuse from their partners.

Kelly-Anne would want me to forge forward!

1 comment:

Anon said...

Yes, she would, and you're doing just that Doreen. Good for you, and good for the people that need to hear what you have to say.

Anon