Monday, March 24, 2008

A Sweet Story

A couple of weeks ago I was driving to work early in the morning. My usual route is to venture along Highway 13 with the radio on. The 6:00 a.m. news was just finishing and the broadcaster had a story out of Arizona, U.S.A.

It was about an elderly couple living in an "assisted living residence" (what we would call a senior's home). The gentleman in the story was 98 years old and he and his wife were celebrating their 76th year of marriage. The report said that this man was still calling his wife "Princess" after all these years together.

When I heard this story, I thought ,how sweet ... isn't this what we would all hope for in our lives...to be with our soulmate and still be the apple of his eye 76 years later!

Oh, how I wish that Kelly-Anne would have had the opportunity to live out her life this way with someone worthy of her. I wish that for all women who are suffering at the hands of abusive partners. This isn't love.

No women deserves the abuse. They only deserve to be respected and loved.

No comments: