Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Shortbread Cookies


This morning I continued one of my Christmas traditions which is making shortbread cookies....the really thing. For years I tried to master the art of shortbread but failed. One day a dear neighbour who passed on shortly before Kelly-Anne decided that she would teach me, Kelly-Anne and Kim how to make shortbread. In other words she would divulge her secret recipe for the perfect cookie.


I can remember that Saturday morning many years ago as if it were today. We three sat in her kitchen with ingredients at hand and had the privilege to learn from the finest baker around.

We learnt that day the trick is in the kneading.... I won't tell you anymore than that !!


Today I remember Joyce, her humor, her love of life, her baking....oh those rum balls so many of the neighbours would remember. We could get tipsy just from eating them!


Christmases past with traditions that continue on. I hope that you will share your traditions with others that mean alot to you.

No comments: