Monday, December 15, 2008

The Ring

Here's a story which I would like to share with you. Shortly after Kelly-Anne was murdered, we started to go through her belongings. As you are aware Kelly-Anne had just come back from Italy. One day we were going through her makeup bag and found this particular ring. It was just a plan sliver band with a tiny zircon stone in the centre. The ring looks very old and I am sure there that there is alot of history behind it. I tried it on and to my surprise it fitted me perfectly.

Kelly-Anne was the type of person that would carry the oddest of things in her makeup bag. She was a very sentimental person and little trinkets like matches that her father and I had ordered for our wedding in 1977 were in this bag. There were countless elastics for her hair too.
Embedded below everything was this ring. Did Kell find it in the sand on the beach in Viareggo? Did someone give it to her? These are questions which I most probably will never have the answers for. So many unanswered questions. I never got the chance to sit face to face with Kell after her trip to really talk about her adventure.

I pray that one day I will be able to retrace her trip to Italy. I believe I need to make that step in order to continue my healing. I feel that there are some answers for me in Italy. It's not just about this ring........it's what she saw, her experience, I need to feel it.

1 comment:

Bill Widman said...

Try wearing the ring for a while, and see if it talks to you.
Just a suggestion...