Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Another Tragedy

A helicopter crash took the live of a much loved cameraman for CTV, Hugh Haugland today. Looking at his picture I remember him filming me for one of the many interviews which I did for CTV. The media reports tell us about Hugh's passion for his work...the long hours, the challenges he encountered as he filmed in many difficult situations. This type of sudden tragic death always leaves a hole in my heart. I think of his wonder father Bill, who we all shared in our living rooms for many years, his mother, his siblings, his wife and his beautiful daughters. My heart goes out to all of them.

Hugh's death also leaves a hole in the hearts of his co workers. These situations in the workplace are always difficult. I am sure that CTV will do all they have to in supporting their staff through this most difficult time.

Rest in Peace Hugh.

Messages can be sent to the Haugland family at:

www.montreal.ctv.ca

No comments: