Monday, February 22, 2010

Loosing a Friend

Today, I received word that an old friend of mine who lives in New Brunswick passed away in her sleep. The first thing that I thought of was the disbelief, how could that of happened. She was only 62 years old. I then said to myself that she is now with Kelly-Anne. I was angry at myself for not keeping up the communication in the past few years. We saw each other about 8 years ago when she visited family in Montreal for a few days. She did call me when Kelly-Anne died.

Eileen raised a wonderful family of girls. She loved her pets. I can remember a time when one of her cats was gong to have babies. We all sat around the cat and this is where the girls had their first lesson in childbirth! Kelly-Anne's first sleepover invitation was at her home as Kelly-Anne and Kim were great friends with Eileen's younger daughters.

I cried alot today but as I sit here and write I can only smile as I remember the fun times we had together...the birthday parties and the family suppers.

Friendships are priceless and life has a way of getting ahead of us and then it's just too late.

Rest in peace dear friend.

No comments: