Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Missed Opportunities

This week while riding the train to work and home, I have been doing alot of thinking about the past. The train seems to spark something inside of me that allows me to reflect on life in general and Kelly-Anne. Maybe it's the fact that I don't have to be concerned with the traffic and driving. I have those 20 minutes just to rest and be worry free twice a day.

My thoughts yesterday morning were about the fact that there are certain things that I never go to do with Kelly-Anne and Kim together. One of them was to have professional pictures taken of just the three of us...you know the new fashionable photos of dressing alike...jeans and a white t-shirt look. It may sound so lame, but I missed that opportunity to do just that. I also missed the opportunity to take a trip ...just the three of us...a girl's weekend away.

The notion of traveling to Italy with Kelly-Anne a few weeks prior to her death was an idea I thought of doing...but I didn't. If I had known then what was going to happen later, I should of gone with her to Italy...but I didn't and I regret that now.

My point in all this is that we can't have any missed opportunities with the ones we love. Now, when Kim asks me to do something, it is very rare that I refuse. Even if she asked me to go to a movie on a cold winter's night during the week, I will go even if I am tired.

We can't allow ourselves to say no....we can always negotiate a better day or time...but the vent cannot be forgotten and put off until next year. It's about today as we do not have any control of the future and the past is never coming back.

No comments: