Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Believing

Let us believe that tomorrow is always a new day with no mistakes in it...... Kelly-Anne believed that.

Let us believe that we will all be kinder and more compassionate to each other...Kelly-Anne believed that.

Let us believe that women will break  away from the chains that hold them to abusive  relationships ...Kelly-Anne taught us that.

Let us believe that our justice system will support women who are in abusive relationships and that  justice will prevail.......Kelly-Anne's voice was heard in court.

Let us believe that through the media we will be reminded of those who are victims and those who are the aggressors........Kelly-Anne's story was a constant reminder.

Let us believe that women will continue to educate themselves and become the women that they want to be......Kelly-Anne wanted that.

Let us believe that women will no longer be silent as an abused  women is the only one hearing the noise and feeling the pain that surrounds her........Kelly-Anne lived that.

I believe that my daughter, Kelly-Anne has taught me how to live, love and listen. I thank  her everyday for  being beside me as I go about my life. As I smile, I also cry.

Thank you, Kelly-Anne for giving me the courage to be your voice as your mother. Thank  you for being in my life for 24 years. You taught me so much. xxx xxx

No comments: