Friday, August 22, 2014

Facing the Devil - Update

Surprises seem to creep up on us, even when we think we have everything under control. I  am a firm believer in doing what I have to do now and not wait for the last minute.....in this  household we aren't last minute people.

I had collected my thoughts and wrote a three page letter to the parole board in preparation for the pending hearing. A couple of days later, I receive a telephone call from Correctional Services, victims dept. The lady on the other end of the line is someone I speak to  often. She proceeds to tell me that she received a copy of my letter. She then asks me if I know what day parole is. I said  yes and give her my response. She tells me that she thought I did not know what it was by the way  my letter was written and proceeds to explain to me that if the murderer is granted day parole, it means he lives in a halfway house all the time and  does not return to  the prison at the end of the day.

Well needless to say, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I cannot envision him on our streets....no way I responded. I proceed immediate to review and change my letter, which I was told later was fine. It was  sent to the prison for him to read. I though how interesting  that the murderer gets to read the letter before I am able to present it to the parole board commissioners. Reflecting on that thought made me realize that maybe I have been able to put a  bit of fear and doubt in him that under the circumstances of  his  track record the past 10 years, he really doesn't have a hope in hell to convince the  board to release him. But knowing him, he will waste the tax payers dollars and  all our time and effort just to piss us off by making  us go to prison for  the hearing. Gosh we have a crappy justice system.

Well the  letter is put to bed,  my file is up to date and ready. I am confident. I am strong and I will face the devil  with grace and courage. I have right on my side!

To be continued......

No comments: