Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pars la Machine !

Here is an email which I received from a dear friend of Kelly-Anne. Caroline shared this story with me and I am so grateful that she and Kelly-Anne had this time together. This is how I want Kelly-Anne to be remembered by her friends. She would want us to remember how she lived and not just how she died.


Hi Doreen, I hope this email finds you well.I just wanted to share a song with you that reminds me of a very special day I had with Kelly-Anne. It was special just because of its beautiful simplicity. Kelly-Anne and I were in San Diego body surfing at pacific beach and everything was perfect.The weather was ideal, blue sky, amazing waves, not a single soul around us, just her and I laughing like 2 little girls in the ocean. We must have stayed hours there that day and I can still hear Kelly-Anne saying :"Come on : pars la machine!!!" Which was our way of saying, come on, we need more waves, bring it on! I often think at this day as a perfect day, no worries, no work, no responsibilities just 2 friends and the ocean. This song by Avril Lavigne is now often on air and everytime I hear it, it reminds me of that day. I hope you have a minute to download it on youtube. Here are some of the lyrics, hope you like it!

Waking up I see that everything is ok
The first time in my life and now it's so great
Slowing down I look around and I am so amazed
I think about the little things that make life great
I wouldn't change a thing about it
This is the best feeling
[Chorus]This innocence is brilliantI hope that it will stay
This moment is perfect
Please don't go awayI need you now
And I'll hold on to it
Don't you let it pass you byI found a place so safe, not a single tear
The first time in my life and now it's so clear
Feel calm, I belong, I'm so happy here
It's so strong and now I let myself be sincere
I wouldn't change a thing about it
This is the best feeling
It's a state of bliss, you think you're dreaming
It's the happiness inside that you're feeling
It's so beautiful it makes you wanna cry(Avril Lavigne: Innocence)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJiECh6UwhQ

Doreen said...

To view either Avril Lavigne's video Innocence or the video on Kelly-Anne just write in the names in the search bar on the YouTube home page. The front picture of Kelly-Anne's video is of Kelly-Anne and Caroline on a beach in the USA.

You may have to rewrite the link in the explorer bar.