Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Pool

Today was the day that my favorite pool opened for the summer months. I donned by suit, cap and goggles and off I went. I told myself that I was going to swim flawless laps, not be afraid and just do it as Kelly-Anne would expect me to. And yes, I did it ! No panic attacks, no swallowing water and no stopping half way and thinking that I was going to drown. I fascinated that I was training for a competition....what competition I don't know...but that thought allowed me to forge forward and swim. The sun was shining, the water was perfect and there wasn't anyone in my lane stressing me out.

It's going to be a great summer. I need to do this and feel good about myself. Post trauma is something I don't wish on anyone. It's all about learning how to live with situations and adapting to change.

Also....the devil is not going to run my life !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Must have been a tad chilly, Doreen, but good on ya for getting out there and doing that...someone watching you must have been smiling.

Anon