Saturday, September 26, 2009

Excerpts Part 2

Here's an excerpt about Kell's flight to France, her impression of Air France and air travel in Europe.

"When the light for the seat belts turned off I had the urge to wretch. And that I did. Just before that I looked in the pocket in front of me for those convenient vomit bags. Ironically this time, when I might have used one , there was none. I found a lavatory soon after."

" Today I realize that I do not like Air France and would like to avoid the Charles DeGaulle airport if I can. The plane left us off in the middle of the runway as it would for an evacuation. It took forever for the passengers to get off the plane. We finally got to the terminal, the passengers were going up an escalator to stand in line for something else. When we got to the top of the escalator it was as if were were at a rock concert. The line ahead was not moving, so the people on the escalator were being crammed up against one another. I said out loud " This is how people die, by being crushed to death." I pushed my way through to avoid being crushed in the Nationalist airport.

Finally I arrived to the gate on ward to Florence only to find out that the bus that takes passengers to the middle of the runway had already left. I was told to get another ticket from AF. I did so, the ticket agent gave me a ticket for a free sandwich and drink. I tried telling him how discontent I was with missing my flight due to nonsensual (sic) reasons.He smiled, didn't nod. Basically he didn't care. I walked away.

When I arrived to the Florence airport, once again they left us off in the middle of the airport. Must be a European thing.The airport security was almost unheard of. There was no customs which means no stamps in my passport. I was pretty upset about that."

No comments: