Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 5

I am trying to get use of not having any sun shining in the house these days. It's so dismal and wet. It's the time of the year that I load up on vitamin D and calcium.

I had a telephone interview today that lasted one hour for a position in Montreal. I felt I did well and this job would suit my abilities nicely.I really want to work. It's not just about collecting a pay check every two weeks. Itis more than that. It's about being a part of something positive and about working with people. It's in my blood. As much as I have enjoyed my time at home and at the pool this past summer, I really miss the structure in my life of getting up in the morning and making a difference in a workplace.

Kelly-Anne loved also going to work. She had a keen interest in all the jobs which she held in her short life. When I think about Kelly-Anne during her time in San Diego where she worked for a catering company and bakery called The French Gourmet. When she returned to Montreal,she taught me so much about setting up a buffet table. There really is a technique to make a table look presentable. She had the talent for it. She would ride a bicycle to work carrying her pressed white blouse and black skirt. Kelly-Anne wasn't shy to try anything. Her attitude inspires me to not be afraid of new work places, but to embrace the opportunities to learn new things and be with new people. I like these ideals and I just can't wait to start working again.

No comments: